The Checkpoint Report template reflects the steps set out in the PRINCE2 Method and is designed to prompt the Project Manager and help in the creation of the Checkpoint Report. There is also a Product Description for the Checkpoint Report at Appendix A of the PRINCE2 Manual.
Once your Checkpoint Report is complete check the document against the following Quality Criteria:
- Prepared at the frequency required by the Project Manager
- The level and frequency of progress assessment is right for the stage and/or Work Package
- The information is timely, useful, objective and accurate
- Every product in the Work Package, for that period, is covered by the report
- Includes an update on any unresolved issues from the previous report.