The Issue Register template reflects the steps set out in the PRINCE2 Method and is designed to prompt the Project Manager and help in the creation of the Issue Register. There is also a Product Description for the Issue Register at Appendix A of the PRINCE2 Manual.
Once your Issue Register is complete check the document against the following Quality Criteria:
- The status indicates whether action has been taken
- The issues are uniquely identified
- A process by which the Issue Register is updated is defined
- Entries on the Issue Register that upon examination are in fact risks are transferred to the Risk Register and the entry annotated accordingly
- Access to the Issue Register is controlled and is kept in a safe place.