The Lessons Report template reflects the steps set out in the PRINCE2 Method and is designed to prompt the Project Manager and help in the creation of the Lessons Report. There is also a Product Description for the Lessons Report at Appendix A of the PRINCE2 Manual.
Once your Lessons Report is complete check the document against the following Quality Criteria:
- Every management control has been examined
- Statistics of estimates versus actuals are provided
- Statistics of the success of quality controls used are included
- Any appointed Project Assurance roles agree with the report
- Unexpected risks are reviewed to determine if they could have been anticipated
- Recommended actions are provided for each lesson (note that lessons are not ‘learned’ until action is taken)