The Project Brief template reflects the steps set out in the PRINCE2 Method and is designed to prompt the Project Manager and help in the creation of the Project Brief. There is also a Product Description for the Project Brief at Appendix A of the PRINCE2 Manual.
Once your Project Brief is complete check the document against the following Quality Criteria:
- It is brief as its purpose, at this point, is to provide a firm basis on which to initiate a project.
- The Project Brief accurately reflects the project mandate and the requirements of the business and the users
- The project approach considers a range of solutions such as: bespoke or off-the-shelf; contracted out or developed in-house; designed from new or modified existing product etc.
- The project approach has been selected which maximizes the chance of achieving overall success for the project
- The project objectives, project approach and strategies are consistent with the organization’s corporate social responsibility directive
- The project objectives are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound (SMART).