Project Initiation Document
Project Initiation Document
The Project Initiation Document template reflects the steps set out in the PRINCE2 Method and is designed to prompt the Project Manager and help in the creation of the Project Initiation Document (PID). There is also a Product Description for the PID at Appendix A of the PRINCE2 Manual.
The Project Initiation Document will reflect the information contained in the Project Approach, mainly integrated within the Project Plan. The PID will be created by expanding the Project Brief: there are separate Templates for the Project Brief and Project Approach.
Once your PID is completed check the document against the following Quality Criteria:
- The Project Initiation Documentation correctly represents the project
- It shows a viable, achievable project that is in line with corporate strategy or overall programme needs
- The project organization structure is complete, with names and titles. All the roles have been considered and are backed up by agreed role descriptions. The relationships and lines of authority are clear. If necessary, the project organization structure says to whom the Project Board reports
- It clearly shows a control, reporting and direction regime that can be implemented, appropriate to the scale, risk and importance of the project to corporate or programme management
- The controls cover the needs of the Project Board, Project Manager and Team Managers and satisfy any delegated assurance requirements
- It is clear who will administer each control
- The project objectives, approach and strategies are consistent with the organization’s corporate social responsibility directive, and the project controls are adequate to ensure that the project remains compliant with such a directive
- Consideration has been given to the format of the Project Initiation Documentation. For small projects a single document is appropriate. For large projects it is more appropriate for the Project Initiation Documentation to be a collection of stand-alone documents. The volatility of each element of the Project Initiation Documentation should be used to assess whether it should be stand-alone, e.g. elements that are likely to change frequently are best separated out
- Forskjellen mellom PRINCE2® Foundation og PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Så mye tid bruker du på å ta en PRINCE2-sertifisering
- Hva er egentlig PRINCE2®?
- Rustet for fremtidens prosjekter med PRINCE2
- Dette er hovedendringene i 2017-versjonen av PRINCE2
- Dette er de 10 viktigste PRINCE2 malene
- Hvor finner jeg PRINCE2-sertifikatet mitt?
- Hvor kan jeg ta PRINCE2?
- Slik gjør du skreddersøm og tilpasning av PRINCE2
- Hvordan bruke PRINCE2 i små prosjekter?
Last ned engelsk malpakke
Her kan du laste ned malpakke med engelske PRINCE2-maler.