A quality management approach describes how quality will be managed on the project. This includes the specific processes, procedures, techniques, standards and responsibilities to be applied.
The following quality criteria apply to a quality management approach:
- The approach clearly defines ways in which the customer’s quality expectations will be met.
- The defined ways are sufficient to achieve the required quality.
- Responsibilities for quality are defined up to a level that is independent of the project and project manager.
- The approach conforms to the supplier’s and customer’s quality management systems.
- The approach conforms to the corporate, programme management or customer quality policy.
- The approaches to assuring quality for the project are appropriate in the light of the standards selected.