A quality register is used to summarize all the quality management activities that are planned or have taken place, and provides information for the end stage reports and end project report.
Its purpose is to:
- issue a unique reference for each quality activity
- act as a pointer to the quality records for a product
- act as a summary of the number and type of quality activities undertaken.
The following quality criteria apply to a quality register:
- A procedure is in place that will ensure that every quality activity is entered on the quality register.
- Responsibility for the quality register has been allocated.
- Actions are clearly described and assigned.
- Entries are uniquely identified, including to which product they refer.
- Access to the quality register is controlled.
- The quality register is kept in a safe place.
- All quality activities are at an appropriate level of control.