The Work Package template reflects the steps set out in the PRINCE2 Method and is designed to prompt the Project Manager and help in the creation of the Work Package. There is also a Product Description for the Work Package at Appendix A of the PRINCE2 Manual.
Once your Work Package is complete check the document against the following Quality Criteria:
- The required Work Package is clearly defined and understood by the assigned resource
- There is a Product Description for the required product(s), with clearly identified and acceptable quality criteria
- The Product Description matches up with the other Work Package documentation
- Standards for the work are agreed
- The defined standards are in line with those applied to similar products
- All necessary interfaces have been defined
- The reporting arrangements include the provision for raising issues and risks
- There is agreement between the Project Manager and the recipient on exactly what is to be done
- There is agreement on the constraints, including effort, cost and targets
- The dates and effort are in line with those shown in the Stage Plan for the current management stage
- Reporting arrangements are defined
- Any requirement for independent attendance at, and participation in, quality activities is defined.